Thursday, May 31, 2012

me at 44... I WILL LIVE MY DESTINY

I celebrate the ENLIGHTENMENT that comes with my being 44 years old today. At 44 years old I am getting older not younger. but the good news -- each passing year brings greater confidence, more joy and a deeper sense of who I am. 

How do i feel when i look in the mirror? At age 44, i feel pretty darn good. What you're feeling inside shows on your face and most of the time I'm  happy.  I have a wonderful husband and kids, parents, siblings and sisters-in law. 

Since i started my ph.D. last year, Appreciative Inquiry led me to the positive thoughts of  LIVING my DESTINY. Whatever my motto has been in the different phases of my life, it has become a reality along my journey.- thereby leading me towards the achievement of my goals. When you are determined to reach your highest potential, you will reach that destination, notwithstanding the obstacles along the way. 


What i want, now that i am 44...

I WILL LIVE MY DESTINY"
 Explore. Dream. Discover
  for i love the quote of MARK TWAIN
 "20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."    

I live by these famous QUOTES
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
-- William Henley, in Invictus


"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again."-Stephen Grellet
 



What i will never do?
- Never say Never
w10 
me at 44




I WILL LIVE BY THIS CREED.  
This was shared in FB by my high school Teacher Edith Alvarez

A Creed To Live 
By Nancy Sims

 Don't undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. 
 It is because we are different that each of us is special.

 Don't set your goals by what other people deem important.
 Only do what is best for you. 

Don't take for granted the things closest to your heart. 
Cling to them as you would your life, 
for without them life is meaningless. 

 Don't let life slip through your fingers 
by living in the past or in the future. 
By living one day at a time you live all days of your life. 

Don't give up when you still have something to give. 
Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying. 

Don't be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. 
It is the fragile thread that binds us to each other. 

Don't be afraid to encounter risks. 
It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave. 

Don't shut love out of your life by saying it is impossible. 
 The fastest way to lose love is to hold to it tightly, 
and the best way to keep love is to give it wings. 

Don't dismiss your dreams. 
To be without dreams is to be without hope, 
to be without hope is to be without purpose. 

 Don't run through life so fast that you forget 
not only where you have been, 
but also where you are going. 

Life is not a race, 
but a journey to be savored each step of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment