This is my family's favorite at TGI Fridays Restaurant. my eldest son requested me to baked for dinner.
|Scrub potatoes clean and allow them to dry.|
|rub the skin of the potatoes with 2 tablespoons canola oil|
|so that they’re nice and moist.|
|put them on a baking sheet and bake ‘em until the skins are crisp and the taters are tender, about 30 to 40 minutes or so.|
|While the potatoes are baking, grab some bacon. I like the thick cut, peppered kind, but you can use any bacon you have on hand.|
|I like to cut bacon slices in half before frying them…|
|Then chop them up pretty finely and set them aside for a bit.|
|grate up some sharp cheddar. Or mild cheddar.|
|then slice/chop up some green onions.|
|when the potatoes are done slice in the middle|
|Then use a spoon or scoop to scoop out the insides.|
|pix of potatoes all scooped out|
|melt butter with canola oil|
|grab a brush|
|And brush the inside of the potatoes.|
|after taking them out sprinkle the cheese inside the skin|
|ADD bacon and put back in the oven. bake make sure |
to melt the cheese totally and sizzle the bacon
|add sour cream and garnish with green onions. DELICIOUS|
- 8 whole Russet Potatoes
- 4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Salt To Taste
- 1-½ cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 8 slices Thick Cut Peppered Bacon, Fried Until Almost Crisp And Chopped
- 2 whole Green Onions, Sliced
- ½ cups Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes clean and allow them to dry. With a paper towel (or just with your hands) rub the skin of the potatoes with 2 tablespoons canola oil so that they’re nice and moist.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until skin is crisp and potatoes are tender, about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove the pan and allow to cool until you can handle the potatoes.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the insides, leaving a little bit of potato in the skins.
- Melt the butter with 2 tablespoons canola oil, then brush both the outside and the inside of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the inside lightly with salt. Place potato halves face-down and return to the oven for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn the potatoes over and continue to bake until the edges of the potatoes start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle the insides of the potato skins with cheddar, then sprinkle on the chopped bacon. Return to the oven long enough for the cheese to melt, about 3 to 4 minutes.
source: ree drummond