I First tasted the Spinach Artichoke at Italiannis. My hubby and I always go back there to eat the delicious appetizer. Now here i am making it for the first time, and my hubby said "its the Best Spinach Artichoke Ever"
source: REE Drummond
|Yummy spinach artichoke|
|Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook it around for a couple of minutes over medium-low heat, just to get the oil really infused with the heavenly garlic flavor.|
|Crank up the heat to medium-high and t throw a bag of spinach into the skillet with the butter and garlic|
|Then cook it for a couple of minutes until it shrinks and wilts. Squeeze all the juice|
|Cook the hearts around for several minutes, until most of the liquid cooks off and the artichokes develop a little color on the outside.|
|Making the dip|
|pour the feta cheese|
|then the pepper jack|
|Add cayenne for more flavor|
|Chop the spinach and artichoke|
|throw in the sauce and stir|
|Pour the luscious mixture into a buttered casserole dish.. as for me i only have pyrex dish|
|Top the casserole with a little more grated Pepper Jack and bake|
|toast Garlic Bread and Serve hot with the dip|
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Garlic, Minced
- 1 bag Spinach
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 2 cans Artichoke Hearts, Rinsed And Drained
- 3 Tablespoons Butter (additional)
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1-1/2 cup Whole Milk (more If Needed)
- 1 package (8 Ounce) Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Feta
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cups Grated Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne
- Extra Grated Pepper Jack
- Pita Wedges, Tortilla Chips, Crackers
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Crank up the heat a bit and throw in the spinach. Stir around and cook for a couple of minutes until the spinach wilts. Remove the spinach from the skillet and put it in a small strainer. Squeeze the excess juice back into the skillet. Set the spinach aside.
- Throw in the artichokes and cook over medium high heat for several minutes, until liquid is cooked off and artichokes start to get a little color. Remove the artichokes.
- In the same skillet or a different pot, melt 3 additional tablespoons of butter and whisk in 3 tablespoons of flour until it makes a paste.
- Cook over medium-low heat for a minute or two, then pour in milk. Stir and cook until slightly thickened; splash in more milk if needed.
- Add cream cheese, feta, Parmesan, pepper jack, and cayenne and stir until cheese are melted and sauce is smooth.
- Chop artichokes and spinach and add to the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Pour into buttered baking dish. Top with extra grated pepper jack and bake at 375 for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
source: REE Drummond