I love this recipe.These bars are so yummy and easy to make. You can really use any flavor jam, so I used SMUCKERS strawberry jam that i bought at Makati Supermarket...delicious. I shared them with friends who also loved them and wanted me to make again.
|strawberry jam i used|
|Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch rectangular pan.|
|Mix together the butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.|
|Press half the oat mixture into the prepared pan.|
|i used my MEAT pounder to press the mixture|
|Spread with the strawberry preserves|
|i used the whole bottle.... YUMMY|
|Sprinkle the other half of the oat mixture over the top and pat lightly. Bake until light brown, 30 to 40 minutes|
|Let cool completely|
|and then cut into squares or rectangles. Serve Warm or Chilled.|
- 3/4 bar salted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One 10 to 12-ounce jar strawberry preserves (I used Smucker for this recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch rectangular pan.
- Mix together the butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Press half the oat mixture into the prepared pan.
- Spread with the strawberry preserves.
- Sprinkle the other half of the oat mixture over the top and pat lightly.
- Bake until light brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool completely,
- and then cut into squares.
recipe adapted from: Food Network